Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Better Lift

I have been profoundly grateful from reading Joel Osteen's new book, "Become a Better You", while practicing hard to revive and reconcile my thinking patterns with the conduct. I soon recognized faith and denial are always choices along the path, while realizing joy and hard times are parallel in life. I've thus kept praying for God's favor to broaden my bandwidth so that I can deal wisely with many things at a time; a subtle lift can literally improve my life and influence others. How could I not live like a champion?


The book was linked to my memory of Larry King's show in his interview with Joel Osteen and Joel's wife, Victoria, at the year end of 2008. In the interview, Joel Osteen explained measures of faith: "Everyone has a measure, yet the matter is how you are responsible in your daily life and how you love your life." And he also said that things would get worse if you don't get up and do what you can do at best because God has given you all the choices. Joel talked about his income from the non-profit organization, and said he took no money out of the church but a salary for some $70k a year, and the rest of all the income was from sale of his books. He pointed out that God would not dislike people to be wealthy; God has blessed him to bless others, even when he became wealthy, and a focus on helping others with money should be a faithful mean in life. Joel believes a positive attitude will lead to a positive cycle that influences and motivates others, particularly family members.



One thing for sure: I am on the empowered way to getting connected with those who live their lives of faith, passion, and wisdom.


Referenced link:
http://www.joelosteen.com



Written on August 5, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment